- The entire car care category is a used car lot of brands and cluttered packaging. Beginning with Mothers’ core line, and maximizing their only visual equities, their logo and red bottle, we did a full customization job, while boldly claiming the color of passion in the category. This revved-up line was designed by gear-heads, for gear-heads, with a tool-like purposefulness. The new line spawned many extensions and a host of new product lines, driving triple digit growth.
- Mothers California Gold provides ultimate care for automotive painted surfaces. While containing the #1 paste-wax, and the #1 clay bar on the market, the old graphic system never lived up to its name. We use a Chip Foose hot rod to perpetuate the California car culture mystique on which Mothers has built its reputation, ultimately improving readability, simplifying the visuals, and achieving an elegance commensurate with its industry status.
- Our pre-design assessment of Mothers’ vast product family revealed none targeting young drivers, whose brand loyalty it wished to capture. In response, we conceived, named and designed graphics and all structures for the FX line. The acronym references all things fast, technical, and advanced, but for this young, import-tuning, drift-inducing, decal-donning crowd, it’s all about the fast ride and looking good under the flickering neon lights of a sleeping city.
- Intrigued with a revolutionary new Mothers product – the Power Ball – we conceptualized, named and designed an entire line of specifically formulated products to support this dynamic new tool. Our solution delivers masculine Power Tool utility, overtly differentiating vs. the hand-applied products with which it shares shelf space, and carves out its own unique niche in the category.
- This handsome gift pack was created as an extension to the Power line, bringing together the PowerBall, PowerBall Mini, and PowerMetal polish, available just in time for Christmas.
- The well-heeled luxury car owner was a segment we realized Mothers’ product portfolio did not address. Reflections is the result. Repositioned and expanded for this “automotive gentry,” it’s an expensive formulation of the best natural and synthetic components. The line’s understated imagery and form speak to the cosmetic nature of the product, and appeal to the target consumer who sees their car as an immaculate reflection of their personal and professional successes.
- Professional auto care shops need more than consumer-grade products to complete their work quickly with visible results. McLean Design met this need by creating large custom structures with an intentionally industrial feel — tall bottles suitable for handling with gloves and with sufficient volume for achieving effective results. The complete line-up we proposed became another strong win for a company obviously on the rise.
- Extending the Mothers product line into marine care seemed like a risky venture, since boats were outside their area of expertise. However, once buyers were presented a targeted solution, they quickly understood the natural parallels between caring for paint-and-chrome cars and paint-and-chrome watercraft — and the appeal of providing innovative solutions for maintaining the ideal sparkle and shine.
- Mothers meets their customers at auto races, car shows, and everything in between. As part of their brand overhaul, we collaborated with custom show car builder Chip Foose on the hauler graphics, capturing the spirit of the brand in fluid motion. All equipment, from cabinets to tool boxes, now sport glossy red paint with shiny chrome trim lavished throughout, giving consumers a clear demonstration of the ultimate brand promise.